The branch of psychology that deals with the design, administration, and interpretation of quantitative tests for the measurement of psychological variables such as intelligence, aptitude, and personality traits.
Psychometrics is used to profile individuals within society to build data sets for demographics and then build campaigns of influence to change what those demographics believe in - and vote on.
BIG FIVE PERSONALITY TRAITS
|Big Five Dimensions||Facet (and correlated trait adjective)|
|Extraversion v Introversion||Gregariousness (sociable)|
|Positive emotions (enthusiastic)|
|Positive emotions (enthusiastic)|
|Agreeableness v Antagonism||Trust (forgiving)|
|Straightforwardness (not demanding)|
|Compliance (not stubborn)|
|Modesty (not show-off)|
|Conscientiousness vs Lack of Direction||Competence (efficient)|
|Dutifulness (not careless)|
|Achievement striving (thorough)|
|Self-discipline (not lazy)|
|Deliberation (not impulsive)|
|Neuroticism vs. Emotional Stability||Anxiety (tense)|
|Angry hostility (irritable)|
|Depression (not contented)|
|Vulnerability (not self-confident)|
|Openness vs Closedness to Experience||Ideas (curious)|
|Actions (wide interests)|
Here are a number of characteristics that may or may not apply to you. For example, do you agree that you are someone who likes to spend time with others? Please write a number next to each statement to indicate the extent to which you agree or disagree with that statement.
- Disagree strongly
- Disagree a little
- Neither agree nor disagree
- Agree a little
- Agree Strongly
I see Myself as Someone Who... ____1. Is talkative ____2. Tends to find fault with others ____3. Does a thorough job ____4. Is depressed, blue ____5. Is original, comes up with new ideas ____6. Is reserved ____7. Is helpful and unselfish with others ____8. Can be somewhat careless ____9. Is relaxed, handles stress well ____10. Is curious about many different things ____11. Is full of energy ____12. Starts quarrels with others ____13. Is a reliable worker ____14. Can be tense ____15. Is ingenious, a deep thinker ____16. Generates a lot of enthusiasm ____17. Has a forgiving nature ____18. Tends to be disorganized ____19. Worries a lot ____20. Has an active imagination ____21. Tends to be quiet ____22. Is generally trusting ____23. Tends to be lazy ____24. Is emotionally stable, not easily upset ____25. Is inventive ____26. Has an assertive personality ____27. Can be cold and aloof ____28. Perseveres until the task is finished ____29. Can be moody ____30. Values artistic, aesthetic experiences ____31. Is sometimes shy, inhibited ____32. Is considerate and kind to almost everyone ____33. Does things efficiently ____34. Remains calm in tense situations ____35. Prefers work that is routine ____36. Is outgoing, sociable ____37. Is sometimes rude to others ____38. Makes plans and follows through with them ____39. Gets nervous easily ____40. Likes to reflect, play with ideas ____41. Has few artistic interests ____42. Likes to cooperate with others ____43. Is easily distracted ____44. Is sophisticated in art, music, or literature
BFI scale scoring (“R” denotes reverse-scored items):
- Extraversion: 1, 6R, 11, 16, 21R, 26, 31R, 36
- Agreeableness: 2R, 7, 12R, 17, 22, 27R, 32, 37R, 42
- Conscientiousness: 3, 8R, 13, 18R, 23R, 28, 33, 38, 43R
- Neuroticism: 4, 9R, 14, 19, 24R, 29, 34R, 39
- Openness: 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35R, 40, 41R, 44
The documents below are real-world documents about the relatively new field of psychometric profiling, big data analysis and individuated microtargeting. It’s the defining public opinion trend of our time. Understanding how psychometrics works is essential, if you want to stand any chance of contributing to the public conversation in a way that sticks, in a way that’s not here today, forgotten tomorrow.
- Psychometric Profiling Microtargeting Campaign - Cambridge Analytica & Affiliates
- IN THIS LEAKED PROPOSAL PAPER, THE PITCH – FROM A CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA (SCL GROUP) / HAYSTAQDNA ANALOGUE) – IS AN OFFER TO THE “VOTE LEAVE” TAKEN UP BY THE BUSINESS RIGHT-WING. IT IS A CASE STUDY AND A COMPREHENSIVE STRATEGY. IN 2020, THESE TECHNIQUES ARE THE BASIS OF ORTHODOX POLITICAL CAMPAIGNING. THIS IS A THREAT TO CITIZEN FREEDOM AS PSYCHOMETRICS IS SUBORDINATED TO THE NEEDS OF WEALTHY ENTRENCHED POWER, TO FACILITATE THE DEREGULATED PROMISED LAND OF DE FACTO PLUTOCRACY I.E. CORPORATE OLIGARCHY AND CORRUPT POLITICIANS IN PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP, TO MAXIMIZE PROFIT AT THE EXPENSE OF THE TAX-PAYING POPULATION TRAPPED IN EVER-DECREASING OPPORTUNITY. THE STAKES COULDN’T BE HIGHER.