- Jon Ronson - investigative journalist and manic realist
- Matt Taibbi - renowned independent lineage journalist and old-school gonzo
- Whitney Webb - investigator of corporate and governmental grift, exposing organised state crime by exposing the details
- Whitney Webb is a staff writer for MintPress News and a contributor to Ben Swann’s Truth in Media. Her work has appeared on Global Research, the Ron Paul Institute and 21st Century Wire, among others. She has also made radio and TV appearances on RT and Sputnik. She currently lives with her family in southern Chile.
- Glenn Greenwald - investigative honest fearless journalist
- Greenwald founded the Intercept but resigned from the left-wing free speech news outlet in 2020 after its grifting editor censored his work, revealing the completed subordinating of Intercept independence to the corporate-centrist Biden plutocracy i.e. big money, fuck the people
- Ryan Cristián - Last American Vagabond walking the line between free speech, justified cynicism and conspiracy theory
- Jake Hanrahan founder of the Popular Front - reporting from the most dangerous frontline, brutal honesty, zero censorship
- Check out Popular Front Videos on their YouTube channel
- Ioan Grillo - frontline British freeland author and journalist with particular focus on Mexico and Latin America
- Alex Berenson - American journalist-author pushing against blind "orthodoxy"
- Chris Hedges
- Chris Hedges is one of the most eloquent writers reporting on political issues and current events worldwide. The main reason why Chris Hedges is one of my top picks is because of how excellent his writing is in promoting peace and exemplifying the good nature of humanity. A must follow for all lovers of peace and those who wish to see human warfare be something only written about in the history books.
- Check out Chris Hedges
- Abby Martin — The Empire Files
- If you didn’t know America was an Empire, well Abby Martin will certainly fix that information gap right quick! Hard-hitting, no-nonsense journalism exposing the reality of the world which the corporate media refrains from sharing with the public. This show contains excellent interviews as well.
- Check out The Empire Files
- Bill Joy - Computer Scientist
- Scott Alexander - Slate Star Codex
- Curtis Yarvin (Mencius Moldbug) - Gray Mirror Substack
- bald and beautiful
- Holy Koolaid
- Jimmy Dore Show
- Status Coup
- Redacted Podcast
Podcasting has been embraced the past decade across the cathedral and the outlier demographics. As a medium it is subject to the dictates of big tech platforms and as it grows in profitability, citadel corporate control will grow more rigid. It's still possible to connect with independent individuals, gonzos included, with a little digging around.
- Ice Poseidon 2 - Founder of the IP2 Network (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Immortal Aliens - Multilingual Russian in London (and around England) livestreaming the public square(s).
- Portland Andy - an American, in Oregon (American Pacifist Northwest) typically coveriong public protest, antifa and what food he's shoveling down his neck.
- Smooth Sanchez
- Stop Speeding
- Usamalama - Urbex YouTube and Instagram video content outlier (email@example.com)
- TorrenoMVP (Mark) - a Russian video blogger based in St Petersburg, Moscow and sometimes China.
- Protest Livestreamers:
- Regg Inkagneto Youtube Midwest and California (Skid Row) live stream waking proletariat with further content at Regg Life 2 and backup channel Regg Life 3
- At the edge of Antifa in the Pacific Northwest, exemplar of an esoteric moral certitude and also firsthand video on Adam N Costello Twitch Livestream Channel with Facebook Page and Adam Costello TV on YouTube
- The Cosmic Skeptic - Alex J'O'Connor
- Alex J. O’Connor is founder of the Cosmic Skeptic YouTube channel, podcast and blog, platforms dedicated to the publication of philosophical ideas and debates in an accessible format. He is currently reading for a degree in philosophy and theology at Oxford University. Alex is an international public speaker and debater, with online content clocking up 30+ million views, 380K subscribers to his YouTube channel. Co-productions (interviews) with guys like Peter Singer, Richard Dawkins, and William Lane Craig. Typical Gen-Z synthesis of Millennial online integrity and Boomer respect for canon.
- Stephen Woodford - Rationality Rules
- Rationality Rules on YouTube and Patreon where Stephen Woodford debunks and refutes predominately religious and supernatural arguments. The past couple of years Rationality Rules has extended its subjects to more mainstream political and philsoophical debunking. Lately this has brought Woodford into collision with both woke-fascist cancel culture and right-fascist MAGA culture. It's not clear at this time (late 2020) Woodford has the fortitude or the stomach for the fight.
- Rationality Rules Denounced by Texas Athiests
- The Bureau of Investigative Journalism
- The Bureau of Investigative Journalism is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that holds power to account. Founded in 2010 by David and Elaine Potter, the BIJ's stated aim are to tackle big subjects through deep reporting that uncovers the truth and tell the stories that matter.
- BIJ mission is to inform the public about the realities of power in today's world, with particular focus on the undermining of democratic processes and failures to accord with fair, legal and transparent practices.
- BIJ aims to inform the public through in-depth investigative journalism, with no corporate or political agenda. Through fact-based, unbiased reporting, the BIJ aims to expose systemic wrongs, counter misinformation and spark change.
- Check out The Bureau of Investigative Journalism
- Mintpress News
- MintPress News is an independent watchdog journalism organization that provides issue-based original reporting, in-depth investigations, and thoughtful analysis of the most pressing topics facing our nation.
- MintPress focuses its coverage on issues relating to the effects of special interest groups, big business and lobbying efforts and how they shape policies at home and abroad, including American foreign policy. Through the lens of social justice and human rights, MintPress reports on how these dynamics drive foreign affairs and impact the world, and examine the effects they have on democracy and freedoms. MintPress is a little myopic - America-centric - but earnest and genuinely committed to investigative journalism that's been abandoned by the mainstream.
- Check out Mintpress News
- South Front
- This organization is 100% funded by their readers and supporters; and Russian freethinker proxies. Providing the world with daily updates about the war in Syria — when funding is available to keep up that pace (they have to slash their content creation when their funding goals aren’t met for the month). They provide the best reporting and analysis on the day-to-day movements and activities of all players involved in the Syrian war — information the corporate media would rather people not know. More broadly, they provide geopolitical and military analysis of hotspots around the world, with their main focus being the Middle East. Very clear maps showing the ebbs and flows of the battle lines and top-notch production of their material.
- Check out South Front
- The Conversation - Global Perspective
- The Conversation Global launched as a pilot project in September 2016. The Conversation is an independent source of news and views, from the academic and research community, delivered direct to the public.
- Access to independent, high-quality, authenticated, explanatory journalism underpins a functioning democracy. The Conversation's self-published aim is to allow for better understanding of current affairs and complex issues. And hopefully allow for a better quality of public discourse and conversations.
- The Conversation has protocols for journalist integrity, independence and expert contributor expertise. The Conversation was started in Melbourne, Victoria, by two co-founders: Andrew Jaspan and Jack Rejtman. The innovative technology platform and development team is based in the university and research precinct of Carlton. The Conversation's global Newsroom is based in New York. We also have editors in Paris and Tokyo. Our team is part of an international network of editors from our dedicated sites in Australia, the UK, US, Africa, France and Canada.
- Check out The Conversation - Global Perspective']
- X22 Report
- Good source for economic collapse and geopolitical news. Host, Dave, is a one man show who is absolutely relentless in his pursuit of documenting and exposing how an economy collapses. His focus is on the most current events and happenings in the news. Nearing 1500 episodes, Dave posts two videos daily Monday-Friday as well as one on Sundays.
- Not for the faint of heart, as Dave is excellent at sounding the alarm bell — his famous closing catch-phrase “Thanks everyone for listening. Be well, be safe, and especially be prepared.” He brings on credentialed guests on his x22 Report Spotlight channel with interviews ranging anywhere from 30–60+ minutes. Don’t take it from Dave that the economy is set to collapse…listen to what all of his credentialed guests have to say about the matter.
- Check out X22 Report
- Unicorn Riot
- Unicorn Riot is a decentralized, educational 501(c)(3) non-profit media organization of artists and journalists. Their site and content is dedicated to exposing root causes of dynamic social and environmental issues through amplifying stories and exploring sustainable alternatives in today’s globalized world.
- Born from the Internet in 2015, Unicorn Riot's commercial-free platform operates non-hierarchically, independent of corporate or government control. Unicorn Riot spans across multiple US cities including Boston, Denver, Minneapolis, and Philadelphia as well as South Africa. All financial support comes from grants and from its audience.
- Check out Unicorn Riot
- SGT Report
- Host, Sean, has been the “corporate propaganda antidote” since 2010. While focused greatly on the economic and precious metal news when starting out, SGT Report has since grown more political (focusing more on current affairs in general), while still staying true to its precious metal roots.
- Sean is absolutely dedicated to discovering the truth of our world like many others in this top ten list. Coming from a conservative and Christian background, Sean speaks to the common man and shares hard hitting truths with the public to counter the lies and disinformation coming from the corporate media and other authority figures. His style encourages the audience to investigate and question the world around them. He makes it feel like he’s in the trenches going through all the information and discovering the truth along with everyone else. A great voice for the ordinary American.
- Check out SGT Report
- Truthstream Media
- Aaron and Melissa are a couple fully dedicated to finding out “what in the hell is really going on.” This channel is one intended to be actively watched versus something like the X22 Report, which can effectively be listened to without missing too much. Truthstream Media has excellent video production and works hard to produce great quality videos, documentaries, and series.
- Much of the work is presented from their personal perspective, which is really nice and refreshing as a member of the audience. You don’t feel like you are being “reported to” so much as you are being “reported through” Aaron and Melissa’s personal experience. They do the hard investigative work and make sure to present that experience to their audience. It very much feels like they are in the trenches with their audience trying to figure things out.
- Check out Truthstream Media
Return to 21st-century Index.
- MintPress News is a United States-based online news website founded and edited by Mnar Muhawesh which was launched in January 2012.