Jump to navigation Jump to search
- RJ Eskow's The Zero Hour
- The Zero Hour with RJ Eskow is a weekly radio and TV program that explores new developments in politics, economics, science, culture and activism. Established in 2014, it is a one-hour television program, a syndicated radio show, and a podcast. It reaches an estimated 1 million viewers and listeners each week. The host and managing editor is Richard (RJ) Eskow, one of America’s leading progressive journalists. He has served as a chief writer and editor for the 2016 Bernie Sanders campaign; a Fortune 500 healthcare executive; a student activist; an economic consultant in more than 20 countries; a songwriter and a musician.
- The David Pakman Show
- The David Pakman Show started as a community radio show called Midweek Politics in the basement of WXOJ’s studio in Northampton, Massachusetts. Today, it is a daily internationally syndicated politics and news talk show airing on radio, television, and the internet, and on Free Speech TV via DirecTV and DISH Network, The program first aired in August 2005. TDPS host David Pakman holds an MBA from Bentley University and a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Communication from the University of Massachusetts-Amherst. He is originally from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Pakman started the program at age 21, and was for some time the youngest nationally syndicated political host.
- Rising with Krystal and Saagar
- The Hill's Rising with Krystal & Saagar (or simply Rising) is an American daily news and opinion web series produced by Washington, D.C. political newspaper The Hill. The series launched in June 2018 as Rising with Krystal & Buck, with Buck Sexton as co-host until June 2019. The series is available on The Hill's Hill.TV platform and YouTube.
- The current hosts are progressive commentator Krystal Ball and conservative commentator Saagar Enjeti.
- Check out Krystal Ball at The Hill
- Democracy Now!
- Democracy Now! produces a daily, global, independent news hour hosted by award-winning journalists Amy Goodman and Juan González. Our reporting includes breaking daily news headlines and in-depth interviews with people on the front lines of the world’s most pressing issues. On Democracy Now!, you’ll hear a diversity of voices speaking for themselves, providing a unique and sometimes provocative perspective on global events. Democracy Now! is broadcast daily across the world.
- Democracy Now! launched in 1996, airing on nine radio stations. More than two decades later, we have grown to be one of the leading U.S.-based independent daily news broadcasts in the world.
- Democracy Now! is audience-supported, which means that editorial independence is never compromised by corporate or government interests. Since founding in 1996, Democracy Now! has held steadfast to a policy of not accepting government funding, corporate sponsorship, underwriting or advertising revenue.
- Check out Democracy Now YouTube or their website
- Gateway site for neophyte truth seeking and discovery of alternative media, good and bad. Anyone inundated with corporate influence (as most Americans are) would find an interesting, strange, and undiscovered world within the pages of this magazine.
- It is a highly liberal and progressive media source that shares radical ideas with their audience in hopes of changing the current corporate status quo to something more humane for ordinary people across the world. Their name says it all — Adbusters — they “bust” and counter mainstream advertisement with their own renditions of those corporate ads. Their mission is one of culture jamming and grassroots efforts at changing the culture which corporations have overtaken.
- Check out Adbusters
- True Publica
- The aims of TruePublica, as one of the UK’s top sources of independent news, is to publish news, analysis, commentary and research on events of public interest (hence the Latin – ‘Publica’) and to raise awareness of misinformation, disinformation, fake news and propaganda.
- TruePublica is an independent media source that is quoted, cited, republished, referenced and translated all over the world. TruePublica is particularly focused on challenging current neoliberal ideology and a toxic political environment that is causing a wave of disruption as western countries move from one social and economic crisis to another.
- Check out True Publica
- Project Syndicate
- Project Syndicate produces and delivers original, high-quality commentaries to a global audience. Featuring exclusive contributions by prominent political leaders, policymakers, scholars, business leaders, and civic activists from around the world, we provide news media and their readers cutting-edge analysis and insight, regardless of ability to pay. Our membership includes over 500 media outlets – more than half of which receive our commentaries for free or at subsidized rates – in 156 countries.
- Check out Project Syndicate
- Jacobin Magazine
- Jacobin is a leading voice of the American left, offering socialist perspectives on politics, economics, and culture. The print magazine is released quarterly and reaches 60,000 subscribers, in addition to a web audience of over 2,000,000 a month.
- Check out Jacobin
- Mother Jones
- Founded in 1976, Mother Jones is America’s longest-established investigative news organization. We are based in San Francisco and have bureaus in Washington, DC, and New York. Mother Jones is independent (no corporate owners) and is accountable only to the readers. Mother Jones states its mission is to deliver hard-hitting reporting that inspires change and combats “alternative facts.”
- Check out Mother Jones
- The Daily Beast
- "Independent. Irreverent. Intelligent." - the Daily Beast tagline. It is an American alt-left news site aiming to blend corporate Democratic Party pragmatism with a less egregious, more civil identity political social justice.
- "The Daily Beast delivers award-winning original reporting and sharp opinion in the arena of politics, pop-culture and power. Always skeptical but never cynical, The Daily Beast reaches more than 1 million readers a day." Noah Shachtman is Editor-in-Chief and Heather Dietrick is CEO. The Daily Beast is based in New York and is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
- Check out The Daily Beast
- The Intercept
- The Intercept is an award-winning news organization dedicated to holding the powerful accountable through fearless, adversarial journalism. Its in-depth investigations and unflinching analysis focus on politics, war, surveillance, corruption, the environment, technology, criminal justice, the media, and more. The Intercept gives its journalists the editorial freedom and legal support they need to expose corruption and injustice wherever they find it.
- EBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar provided the funding to launch The Intercept and continues to support it through First Look Media Works, a nonprofit organization.
- Check out The Intercept
- The Canary
- The Canary is an independent non-profit news website based in the UK, co-founded by Kerry-anne Mendoza, our Editor-in-Chief, in October 2015. With absolutely no financial backing or outside investment, The Canary has rapidly built a brand new media outlet from scratch through determination in its progressive values. The Canary was read by over 4.3 million people a month – a wider online reach than The Times. The Canary remains completely independent of any advertisers, funders, companies, political organisations, or political parties.
- Check out The Canary
- SnakeUp - JacobSnakeUp
- WOKE (YouTube)